Saturday 16 May 2015

Queen Anne Tall boy painted in custom Duck Egg Blue




















This is one of my most favourite colours to paint with, it is a custom mix of Duck Egg blue chalk paint. 

Here is my secret recipe : I layer an olive or dark green chalk paint on my piece first and then one layer of Duck Egg Blue chalk paint. When I distress I make sure I go through to the wood and not the green, as I want the dark wood to peak though and the green to give a depth to the colour on the piece. To finish one layer of clear wax. I hope you like it. 


Crystal pulls - another favourite


Another favourite is crystal knobs or pulls on a Queen Anne piece, I love how they add that little bit of bling ( everyone needs some bling in their life, admit it!) that dress a piece up a bit.



And the Before..

No comments:

Post a Comment