Saturday 9 May 2015

Old China Cabinet Makeover



I love chicken wire, I will put it into anything if I could. I am always on the look out for new sideboards which might have double thickness cupboards or ugly glass panels, in case the inside can be removed and chicken wire replaced it.

I had been looking for one of these cabinets for a long time, I specifically wanted it to sit on legs ( more elegant) and I wanted to replace all of the glass.



This piece came to me with one side smashed, but the other side and door in tact. The door was lovely so I only removed the two side panels for the chicken wire treatment and kept the original glass door. Painted in Chalk Furniture Finish paint, Antique colour, clear waxed and recycled door knob.

So here she is , a little bit vintage and a little bit industrial.






Before Makeover



No comments:

Post a Comment