Monday 21 July 2014

Duck Egg Blue, my current favourite

I'm not sure about you but I seem to get into phases where I really like one colour and I have several projects that I swap around the order I was going to paint them in just because I like a certain colour at the time.

My current fav is Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue, on some projects it comes out with a little green through it and on others it is a beautiful blue, depending on how you distress or sand back your pieces you can also get variations, which I think are appealing.

Here is a cute little sideboard I have just refurbished and completed.
This piece had really- really ugly sticky out handles on the cupboard doors which looked like gnarled up hands, not pretty at all, but they were attached to a metal face plate which I quite liked. So I managed to knock the handles off and decided to paint over the face plates for some extra detail. Then I added some plain little black knobs to open the cupboards with. As this piece had a lot of detail in it already I only distressed it slightly otherwise it may have ended up looking over done.


After - Duck egg Blue Sideboard

After - top detail

After - T&G back panels

After - front detailing

Before - Poor ugly thing

After - painted metal face plates under handles








Carla, pp villa design



No comments:

Post a Comment