Saturday 10 May 2014

Ugly Orange Duchess to Stylish Painted Sideboard

In December I purchased a complete bedroom suite and I have slowly refurbished it a piece at a time. Today I finished the final piece which was the large duchess with attached mirror. The mirror was not recoverable at all as it was not reflecting  - worse mirror I had ever seen, but I had other plans for this duchess anyway. Holes were filled where struts had been, handles were painted in a metallic dark silver and knobs were put in the top two drawers. Here is what she ended up looking like








Just because I heart Blue and White


And just so you know how far this piece has come, this is what she looked like when I went to pick her up...I hope she gets a better life in her new home. Let me know what you think?






Carla, pp villa design

No comments:

Post a Comment