Sunday 17 January 2016

Church Pew - Favourite Custom Job

I love any church pew, they have so much character and such a beautiful history coming from such a peaceful place as a church.

Here is the pew that my lucky customer had come across abandoned in a storage shed.




My client had a clear idea of colour for her pew and went with Annie Sloan Country Grey. A beautiful deep dirty cream once painted. We then added a moulding to the top, distressed it to show wear over time, clear and dark wax. The dark wax really highlighted the original marks, dents and details that you didn't notice beforehand. 

This was a massive piece, just over 3metres long and to date my biggest custom job. I loved working on this vintage piece and my client loved the finished result, so a great outcome.















No comments:

Post a Comment