Monday 21 September 2015

Duck Egg Blue with White wash finish Sideboard


I have been trying different paint finishes with the Voodoo Molly Vintage paint to see what different looks I can get with it. This week I completed this lovely old sideboard, which had a pretty boring, no-body-wants-me look to it when I picked it up. Here she is.



I knew she would look good in a colour but as she was a sideboard which could end up in any room I wanted her to have a neutral look as well. Here is her after pic.



I did 2 coats of Voodoo Molly Vintage Duck Egg with light sanding in between. No sealer was required as her original finish was in excellent condition, lucky me! Then I used a mix of 2 parts water to 1 part Antique White vintage paint and used this as a wash all over her. I worked in small areas, painting it all over the dry duckegg paint , then getting my clean cloth, wiped it back. This created a very subtle wash, very even so she ended up as a soft Duck egg with depth. I think this colour suits and I am very happy with how easy this was to do with the vintage paints.



Once completed she has some lovely detail showing through that was lost when she was mahogany colour. I did a little distressing to highlight this and then kept it very simple with vintage metal hardware and a poly finish so she was durable.




Have a great week everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment