Tuesday 2 June 2015

Old Sconce Lights refinished in chalk paint





I love it when a plan comes together and I had a plan for these lights right from the first time I saw them. They were horrible old outside beige lights made from plastic stuff and metal. 

Before - beige on beige

I took them apart and got a bunch of chalk paint colours together in a plastic plate and went to work brushing on clean paint and mixed paint, until I had the verdigris look I was aiming for. 

During - paint swatches
Then we put them back together and installed them on the gallery wall. I love how they turned out, looking like old aged metal and I am amazed again at what this paint can achieve. I hope you like them and you will get to see them if you visit us at the gallery on Friday afternoons!








No comments:

Post a Comment