Sunday 28 June 2015

Grungy Op Shop Bedsides transformed with Chalk Paint





This is one of my amazing Friday Finds. Out op shopping on a Friday and I came across a bedroom set ( 2 x bedsides and a dresser) with loads of old charm and heaps of details. They were in the worse shape , terrible flaking varnish, but solid wood and all drawers slide well. I knew I could get in trouble with bleed through if I went a really light color, so I saved myself some heart ache and work on these, and chose French Grey chalk paint, light but with enough tint to cover any problems. As they were very ornate I let the pieces speak for themselves and added quite a bit of distressing, clear and dark wax for a really time worn appearance.

Here is the before:


They turned out well and now I can't wait to start on the dresser.








No comments:

Post a Comment