Friday 12 June 2015

Chalk Furniture Finish in Colour Moth with applique










I wish I had a before pic of this little oak bookcase cabinet but it seems to have gone missing. I won it in a local auction and I liked it because of the curved front at the top. 

Being oak it required a shellac undercoat and then 2 coats of CFF chalk paint in colour MOTH, which I really like. It is a dark and deep colour, browny greeny grey and I know I will use it a lot now that tried it on a larger piece.






Inspiration took a while to come on this one but I had some rubber mouldings / appliques to hand, which I attached with all purpose rubber cement. It was a large one to the front to really draw attention to the beautiful curves of the piece.


Moth lends itself well to dark waxing for an antique look, I did this on the shaped edges and moulding only. Once complete I also added some Rub'n'Buff, colour, old gold, just to make the addition more dramatic.

I hope you enjoy this piece as much as I do.







No comments:

Post a Comment