Saturday 28 June 2014

Alex's Sewing Table

Alex commented on one of my recent auctions that a little coffee table would be perfect for her sewing table. ...if only. Alex is a fantastic young mum to two darling children and a talented crafter herself, and her birthday was coming up later in the year,  so I suggested we could find a piece that would suit as a sewing table from my stash ( read hoard and ready to burst out of the double garage where the cars should actually be parked but has now been taken over and we call it my "studio") of projects. So I sent her a "please use your imagination before pic" of a funny desk / hall table I had and she picked the colour, Antoinette. I was really pleased she picked this colour as it is a gorgeous Annie Sloan pink and not a colour I have done many pieces in yet. Today I finished her sewing desk and sent her an iPhone shot:

After - sneak peek shot
Its always a bit nerve racking when you show someone a refinished piece if they have only seen the raw original piece as you never know what they are expecting it to end up like. Luckily she said she loved it, so now all we need to do is load it in the ute and take it down to her next time we visit.

Here are some more shots with some detail. I need to do some more pieces in this colour as it really is pretty without being super super girly, especially if you can highlight some nice hardware. This little desk had great bones and I used the original  hardware, painting it in hammered silver metal paint, only a light coat to make it look vintage and worn, it became a nice feature on the drawers instead of blending in with all that brown as I originally purchased it.
After - fab original hardware

After- refinished in AS Antoinette

After - love staging with this op-shopped brass bird cage


After - detailed hardware



After - final

 and a post is never complete with out the before shot...

Before - photo I purchased desk from



Carla, pp villa design

No comments:

Post a Comment